Saturday, August 21, 2010

Equipped to Build up the Body of Christ

By Caitlin

I thought I would try something different this week so I apologize if my attempt at multimedia doesn't work! This link below should take you to a page where you can listen to the audio track of a sermon I preached a few weeks ago at Westminster Presbyterian Church, Amarillo TX. This is a special church because not only was I baptized there but it also the church my grandfather served before he passed away. My grandfather is an inspiration to me in my journey towards ordination-- although I never knew him I knew his legacy and I even have one of his old bibles filled with notes he made over the years as he prepared his sermons. So this is the sermon I gave standing in the pulpit he once stood in every week with many of the same people in attendance who also worshiped with him. The text was selected for me from Ephesians chapter 4, I won't pretend that I was excited about it when I first heard but I have learned to love it and I hope you do too. Enjoy! 



PS- I did not name it "Time to get to Work" as this link calls it and I have no idea who did!

PPS- This is my longest sermon to date, so no hard feelings if you don't listen to all of it.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts:
    Great comparison of washing feet to taking trays. I've had questions about this act in the past since it's something we don't do.

    "To let even the most important disagreements negate the fact that we are baptized in the name of one God is exactly what Ephesians is warning us against." - This is powerful and true and it speaks to me. Sometimes I really think "But it is REALLY important" and sometimes I forget that it is NOT the most important thing and I thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete